Wednesday, April 5, 2006

night night!

Will is really starting to communicate with us. The other night I read him his night time story. Normally he'll want to read a story a couple of times. This time we read Good Night Moon once then he closed the book. I thought he was going to reach for another book but instead he looked at me, said "night night" and put his thumb in his mouth. A clear sign he was ready for bed. So I asked him if he wanted to turn the light off and he said yes!

It's so nice that he can tell us what he wants now. He can distguinsh between milk and water so we always know which he wants. And he loves to say apple, although he also loves to say cracker (which also means cookie). I'm constantly having to divert his attention when he says "cracker!". If I can divert his attention elsewhere then he'll usually drop it, otherwise he'll lay on the floor and throw a fit until he gets a cookie. So much fun!

No comments: