Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Goodbye big boy bed

last night was tough. For the last week or so Will has been getting up after we put him to bed and sometimes it last for up to an hour. We try everything, putting him back in without saying a word, singing to him, closing the door so he can't get out (which freaks him out), you name it. He gets up, comes to our room and wants to play or just wants us to cuddle him to sleep. It's so frustrating because he's never been like this. He always has fallen asleep well on his own.

Last night I put him down at 8:45 and it took until 9:30 to get him to fall asleep. Then he woke up at 1am crying. It took until 4am to finally get him to sleep. I put him back in his room, DH did it several times, it was awful. Every 5-10 minutes he would get up and walk into our room. Finally a little before 4am I told myself if he got up again I was changing the toddler bed back to a crib right then and there and that's what I did when he got up again. I put him in and didn't hear a peep out of him again. He wasn't happy when he woke up this morning in his crib though. But he's lost his privlege of being in the big boy bed for now. My sanity cannot take another night like last night!

No comments: